Just another Manic Monday

Today, Monday, February 27, started like any other Healthy Monday – attended Italian class in the morning, held down the fruit table during lunch, and sent out the newsletter. But my routine Monday took a turned manic when I received a call from the director of student life informing me that our Zumba instructor for this evening’s “Move-it-Monday” class had to cancel due to illness. At this time I already had a good amount of students signed up for the class and expecting Zumba – what to do?!
 
After debating teaching a class or looking into another video workout, a friend reminded me that a current SUF student is a certified Zumba instructor. Genius! I tracked her down and asked if she’d be willing and prepared to fill in and teach a Zumba class in only a few short hours. Despite the short notice, she was more than happy to help!

Our instructor, Alex, second from right

Zumba went off without a hitch and was a big hit tonight! The class drew a large interest and everyone seemed to like the fun moves and current music that our student instructor provided. I have to say I personally wasn’t too excited for a Zumba class – I have taken one class before and was not a huge fan – but I was pleasantly surprised to love this version! A big than you goes out to Alex for a great Zumba class and for filling in at the last minute! I have already scheduled her for another class later in the semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment